Thursday, August 03, 2006

returning to the jungle



When I left for Tanzania, my mom took care of all my plants. They are all thriving with the summer sunlight and sitting here in my jungle I have decided to get rid of as many as I can emotionally let go of. The time, the mess, the space required is not worth it all. But this is what they all look like now.

If I remotely hope to get my life weeded down to manageable I'm going to need more time, less mess and I suppose the space will come with less mess. If find it ironic that with the focus on time and plants - both photos have calendars in them. (and neither is written on.)

Speaking of ironic - Brooke asked what it means and we all found the answer to be quite involved and more full of examples than a concise definition - so if anyone has a good definition for a nine-year-old, let her know.

No comments: