Wednesday, August 09, 2006

life unto myself

I was recently told by a friend that she couldn't see me married. She then went on to say that some people are so self-centered that they couldn't be married. I don't know if she meant this as negatively as it ended up sounding - I doubt it. There is something to what she said though. I no longer consider who I may please when I choose my outfits, or stay in shape, set my sleep or Friday night schedule. My life is more unto myself than it is easy for me to think about. My self-expression is just that - there are very few who notice the details of my existence. I know that there are many people who are in relationships who may still feel not noticed, but I think there is always the illusion/hope of being noticed by the someone that matters in your life. I can live unto God - but I'm pretty sure he is not concerned with what T-shirt I wear or if I am up till 1AM and then again at 7AM. I think He is also pretty flexible with mood swings and eccentricities in general. Thankfully I have Penelope Lane - she cares if I am expecting her to get up in the morning and will often completely refuse to get out of bed. (Luckily I am bigger than her.)
In my little self existence world, my photography has 'taken off'. I think some of my pictures are neat and I am glad that I have them to look at and share when I can. Granted, much of the art is the subject matter, but there is still something pretty in the pictures.

(It is argued among people who have digital cameras that taking pictures toward the sun is bad for the camera - so don't try this at home.)

No comments: