Saturday, March 10, 2007

life in another's hands

Limbo is defined as the in-between place. It is existing between realities. My limbo is being lived out (or through) checking emails and waiting for the phone to ring. The fork in the road is or isn't a fork based on the decision of someone else. I remind myself that regardless of the direction that my life will take (or can't/won't take), it will be 'good' either way. (Regardless of how much I want it to go in a certain direction.) The hardest time of the day comes when I come home from school and am able to check my email, after there has been a full day for a message to be sent. This is one of those times that I wish I could suspend free will and make someone do exactly what I think I want them to.
In my bible study this week, the question was posed whether we trust that God can and will work in the heart of an individual [who is currently making a decision that will affect our life] to bring about His plan for us. I was unable to see why this individual would have to head these promptings of God anymore than I would. It would seem to me that my life's direction would then be in the hands of an infallible individual capable of being wrong, misguided, or deliberately willfully opposed to God.
This ultimately defines the manner in which I understand the sovereignty of God. I do not believe that God will force the will of man. People have been, for all of history, lived in manners that are contrary to God. What I do believe is that whatever path my life is takes, be it of my will or that of another, God will be there for the journey. I only ask that I have the strength and fortitude to continue when the road doesn't fork the way that I want it to.

No comments: