Sunday, March 25, 2007

afternoon with Penelope and Persephone

Pene and I went walking out at the lake this afternoon. The abnormally warm breezes across the lake carried the anticipation and joy of new life and rebirth. The hum of the earth welcomed the moisture of the snow and ice melt as trees stirred to ready for the physical pronouncement of the waking woods. Above the surface of the still somewhat frozen lake the interplay of the cold air moving from the surface of the lake met with the surrounding air to make the same mirage effect that is normally witnessed above warm objects. (roads, radiators, desert sand)
The day felt like the fairytale rendition of first love's first date. There is only anticipation of what will be, what may be. All is right in the world for an hour, that hour.Upon arriving home from my blissful stroll, my dad reminded me that this is tornado weather. We do have a watch now, but I'm sure all this wind will just blow a tornado away.

No comments: