Sunday, September 02, 2007

looking for adventure

I found myself needing adventure today. I wanted to go out to the lake - but it's Labor Day weekend and that's not the type of adventure I'm thinking about. I also need to take Pene for a walk because she doesn't get out even more than I don't get out. So we went up to the tree farm. I don't know who maintains all these trails, but they are beautiful. I also don't know if Pene can be on them, but there weren't any signs with slashed out little dogs. We went on a picture hunt, looking for textures and ferns and little shots that tell a bit of a story. I found more texture than story, but it was beautiful, and life is good.

I began my camera sketching looking down - which I often do. I also really like this moss. The light comes through it and it seems to glow a bit at the tips.

pine cone in the mossy stuff


This is where we were going.


fern II


texture hunting


I neglected to bring a mirror with me on this adventure, so I was trying to use my camera to find the gnat in my eye. I didn't find the gnat (it was definitely there), but you can see the camera pretty well.


looking at the detail in the bark


forest decomposition


itty bitty beauty


sunlit birches


fern III


I couldn't bring myself to lie in the cut nettles to gaze up into the birches, but I could crouch, flip the view screen around and still get the picture. (I needed my wide angle lens though.)


I suppose technically this is a prickly fungus - that doesn't sound quite right.


no one can say that I didn't know where I was (and no one was)- I knew exactly where I was, there was a sign.


what it looked like


since I am always take pictures of my treasures 'in hand' - I was trying to get a picture of my feather treasure 'in pocket' - I had a bit of difficulty with the actually getting the feather part.


took this picture because I missed the back of me.


finally got what I was trying to get, still no indication of why I was trying to get the picture, other than being proud of my tail feather


this diagonal was intentional - doesn't make me feel like I am actually doing much when I get the same results whether I'm looking or not.



Pene is mostly patient with me, but she started thinking that she really needed a drink.


from under the ferns


And back again.

3 comments:

S.B.G. said...

someone was in the paper. Shh...I'll never tell :-)

S.B.G. said...

p.s. enjoying all the lovely pics!

Anonymous said...

your pine cone looks snuggled. beautiful pictures kristi- call me - erin