Monday, September 24, 2007

teaching tunes

You had me at hello.

You're like comin' home.

Teaching is like coming home. (and I think they 'had me at hello'.)
Planning is sometimes a pain (since I'm easily distracted and would rather do something else), paperwork is a chore (since I'm easily distracted and would rather do something else), but teaching is a joy. It's not just the reactions of the kids when they 'get' something or the amazing connections that they sometimes make. It's the whole of it. It's the love of learning and the daily marvel and glory of the curiosities of life on earth. It's the praise and adoration of the Maker of all that is who opted to put life's pieces together in ways that are simultaneously thought-provoking and beautifully simplistic. And it's spending days with people who revel in their own curiosity and quests for knowledge.

That being said:
We're going to the zoo tomorrow!

No comments: