Sunday, April 20, 2008

More Signs of Spring

The 'ladybugs' have awaken and they want out. I have vacuumed up and released hundreds of them, but I think the insulation in the basement is even better with the addition of ladybug corpses.



I don't know why we have decided that lady bugs are so much more delightful than these 'Asian beetles'. Sure, the Asian beetles stink a bit, and perhaps pinch if rolled over on. But I think it's pretty cool that they have hundreds of different spot patterns and they turn yellow and tan when they are dead. I also like their faces with the big white spots. I guess when I live with hundreds of them, I might as well find something pleasant about them. I have also decided that they help with pest control on my houseplants. I have no proof of this, but it could give them some purpose in the basement.

No comments: