Sunday, March 09, 2008

Woe is March

Personal update:
It's March.
I am not fond of March in Wisconsin.
There is mud and yuck and dirty snow and more yuck and mud.
It's icky to walk, but it looks sunny and beautiful and warm.
It's not spring because it's still 0 degrees.
It's icy.
I got my car stuck in snow drifts - on the lake. It is difficult to get traction to unstick a car that you stick on the lake. (You think I'd have learned this the last time.)
Ice that shouldn't still be all over the lake.
Spring break is coming, but there is little point -because there really is no spring.

But I cannot get depressed. It seems that part of my psyche is broken. I think I over-used the depressed areas of my brain.

But I will still refuse to enjoy the icy, icky mud.

I will sit in my little den and do needlepoint -
I will bring flowers into this world, even if it's with embroidery floss and hours and hours of Grey's Anatomy episodes.

Because it's March.
and I'm not fond of it.

(not to mention the time changed this weekend, which means that I should be considering heading for bed, but my body will not figure out that it's bed time for another 2 weeks.)

No comments: