Friday, July 06, 2007

it don't get better than this

Today I started my day by heading off to work by 5:30. After watching kids until 9:ish - I went canoing with Mom and Dad. I rode in the middle of the boat - princess style. I was able to get a few photos and a bit of color on my calves. From the lake it was a quick shower and back to work. We spent the afternoon at work playing with the kids in the water. The afternoon flew by - we spent a good bit of time putting on sunscreen and changing into and out of water clothes. Coming home around 5:30 I stopped at the farm to dig up potatoes for supper. Snarfling (if you feel that snarfling is only with one's nose, I will state that I was using my hands) about in the dirt I found potatoes for supper and was able to pull a good bit of weeds in the process. New potatoes were added to bacon-wrapped steaks, fresh zucchini and mushrooms for supper.
Now to tea, left-over mint chocolate cake, and my book.
It really doesn't get any better.

No comments: